Freight Handling Logistics is the movement and supply of goods. It involveds the movement of goods and material through the manufacturing process to the deliovery of finished products and their disposal. It also deals with the routing of freight using all transport modes and related activities such as warehousing.
This qualification will provide learners with access to employment opportunies with the Freight Handling Logistics environment such as supply chain manger, purchasing store manager, purchasing manager, logistics manager, freight forwarding manager and import and exporting manager. Learners will be able to take responsibilty for planning, handling, storage and transportation of goods nationalyy as well as internationally. The benefit for organisations and the community lies in the optimaiation of their freight logistical processes. Government is also commited to improving the public service by supporting the transformation of the freight logistics environment.
- Graduate from the program will have the availability of resources and competitive infrastructure
within the freight handling logistic environment.
- Handle, store, control and review resources.
-Comply with legislative requirement and international codes and practices for freight handling logistics.
-Analyse and apply the concepts of supply chain with the freight logistics environment.
1) National Certificate (Matric) or its equivalent qualification.
2) Recognition of prior learning (RPL) will be condisdered.
3) A mature candidate with a relevant work experience will be an added advantage.