Upon successful completion of the qualification, the qualifying learner will have a thorough understanding of the role of an IT Systems Support person. He/she will be a well-rounded IT professional especially in the core field of networking and support, with further specialization into IT Support or in any other related vertical or enabled markets.
-Web Development & Design
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
1. Ability to use logical methodology to troubleshoot the common types of hardware and software problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of an organisation.
2. Ability to understand the role of technology in the business context.
3. Ability to create integrated technology-based communication systems for improved business effectiveness.
4. Ability to store, manage and retrieve knowledge (data) efficiently and effectively to meet organisational requirements.
5. Ability to ensure secure information systems that will serve to protect the business from data loss and breaches of integrity.
6. Ability to design and reflect business structure in IT Systems appropriately in order to optimise operating efficiencies, flows of data and resource utilisation within the structure.
7. Ability to mobilise technical and technology-based resources to solve business problems in a specified context.
8. Ability to perform cost effectively and efficiently in technology-based projects.
1) Have passed EUC & any of the following:
-Technical Support NQF Level 4
-System Support NQF Level 4
-System Development NQF Level 4
-System Development NQF Level 5
First Year (1st Semester)
Installation & configuration of Network Operating System
Business Environment for IT
Second Year (2nd Semester)
Managing IT Projects